TERMS OF SERVICE
Cheapvietnamtrain.com is an online portal for train ticket booking in Vietnam controlled by Galatourist Agency. To make your online train reservation, please select the itinerary you would like to travel on Home page, or you can choose one train, then follow steps to book your ticket.
• Price is for one person and one trip on our website in US dollars including all fees & service charge, delivery fees and bank charges.
• Price is public on our website and we are not responsible for any complains about price on website after you already used our services.
• Under 2 years: Free of charge – without bed
• From 2 to under 10 years old (and shorter than 1.3m) – Private Bed
Train from the North to The South and and vice versa: 50% of adult price
Train from Hanoi to Sapa and vice versa: Same price as adult
• Over 10 years old: 100% of adult price.
• Note: 1 Bed is for maximum 1 Adult and 1 child under 2 year sold only.
• Carry-on Bags: The train cabins are allowed to carry baggage which not to exceed the weight limitation of 20 kg per adult and 10 kg per children. The baggage must be wrapped neatly and reliably.
• Prompt payment (recommended): We accept payment through all major credit cards. After choosing your journey, choose Online payment and follow next instruction to complete your payment directly on our website.
• Other method of payment: (In case you want to contact us before transferring the payment)
Onepay link (by credit card) – Similar to the Prompt payment, we will send you an online payment link via email.
Bank transfer, Western Union: We will contact you by email to provide you our banking details at the time of sending of the booking.
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
There is a variety of cancellation policies, depending on the type of ticket booking, the time of year, and the reason for cancellation.
Below are cancellation & refund rules after the tickets have been issued:
• 35% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment 15 days before departure.
• 50% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment from 3 – 14 days before departure.
• 100% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment from 1 – 2 days before departure.
• About the tourist train from Hanoi to Sapa and return: The train ticket is not refundable in any case.
We reserve the rights to cancel your booking with a prior notice. In such case, a full refund of 100% will be credited to your account.
• In High Season for Summer (June to September), Tet Holiday (December to February), and Other Big Holiday:
Charged 50% if Cancellation or Amendment 7 days before departure
Charged 100% if Cancellation or Amendment from 6 – 1 days before departure
Note: These policies are applied for all kind of booking made by phone, email, online…
DELIVERY OF TICKETS IN VIETNAM
– Your hotel address or residence: Client should provide us the hotel address and reservation name, arrival date and Reservation ID (if any). We are not responsibility for any inconvenience in case that the address or name is incorrect or no any information of address sent to us within 4 days before the client’s departure.
– Train station: We only deliver the ticket to 2 train station: Hanoi & Saigon.
Client should show up at Station 1 hour (at least) to pick up train tickets. Client should provide us their phone number which could be used in Vietnam, it is convenient for us to contact client in any urgent case or client should actively contact us to our hotline: +84 973 003 668. We are not responsible if there is no any contact from client.
Galatourist is a booking agent, which allow customers to reserve train ticket online in advance. We are therefore not to be held accountable for train services provided by Vietnam Railways. Please direct any inquiries, concerns or complaints to the train travel experience to the corresponding people in charge.
During Christmas, New Year and Lunar New Year holiday (December to February) and other special days (as 10th, March in Lunar or from 28th, April to 3rd, May) it is especially hard to confirm the train ticket and price will rise 20% on average, as a result of high traffic volume by domestic travellers. If client is travelling in this season, we highly recommend client to make a reservation in advance as soon as possible.