1. Why book with us?
We are proud that we served over 17.500 visitors all over the world each year. Galatourist provides all railway routes roundtrip from North to South, from Hanoi to Lao Cai/Sapa with the best trains such as Reunification Express Train, Orient Express Train, King Express Train and Victoria Express Train… They will take you to discover a large number of famous tourist attractions in Vietnam such as Sapa, Hanoi, Vinh (Uncle Ho’s Father land), Hue, Danang, Quynhon, Nhatrang, Phan Thiet and Saigon…
We assure that booking train ticket on Galatourist will save your time, money. Moreover, we provide an convenient and safe payment method.
If you need any support, please contact to our email: email@example.com. We will reply within 24 hours.
Besides, we have free delivery service to your residence in Vietnam.
2. How can I pay for my ticket?
You can directly pay by credit card on our website. We accept all major Vietnam and International credit cards.
Via bank transfer or Western Union
3. How do I get my train tickets when I completed payment for my ticket?
After you pay for your tickets, an order will be sent via email to you to confirm that we have received your ticket reservation request, please email to provide us your address for delivery within at least 4 days before your departure (your residence or hotel in Vietnam). We will deliver your ticket to your hand with free delivery service.
In case that you do not have a hotel address in Vietnam, we will arrange to deliver the ticket to any place that is convenient for you. (We will meet you at the train station to give the tickets for you if you start at Hanoi station or Saigon station.)
4. When I pay the train tickets on your website successfully but you confirm that my order is unavailable. So, How long can I be refunded of money?
When you purchase the train tickets on my website, almost you rarely book the unavailable tickets. However, in any bad case of full service, we will refund 100% of the fare to you within 15 days.
5. What are the baggage regulations for train in Vietnam?
Carry-on Bags: The train cabins are allowed to carry baggage not to exceed the weight limitation of 20 kg per adults and 10 kg per children. The baggage must be wrapped neatly and reliably.
6. How do I buy tickets for my Children?
After you choose your route, you should fill the number of adults and children (if any). Children prices of children’s ticket follow these rules:
• Under 2 years: Free of charge – without bed
• From 2 to under 10 years old (and shorter than 1.3m) – Private Bed
Train from the North to The South and and vice versa: 50% of adult price
Train from Hanoi to Sapa and vice versa: Same price as adult
• Over 10 years old: 100% of adult price.
• Note: 1 Bed is for maximum 1 Adult and 1 child under 2 year sold only.
7. I purchased your train tickets, but I can’t get the train at my booking date. What are the refund regulations for train in Vietnam?
There is a variety of cancellation policies, depending on the type of ticket booking, the time of year, and the reason for cancellation.
Below are cancellation & refund rules after the tickets have been issued:
• 35% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment 15 days before departure.
• 50% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment from 3 – 14 days before departure.
• 100% cost of ticket will be charged in case of cancellation or amendment from 1 – 2 days before departure.
• About the tourist train from Hanoi to Sapa and return (The Orient express train): The train ticket is not refundable in any case.
We reserve the rights to cancel your booking with a prior notice. In such case, a full refund of 100% will be credited to your account.
• In High Season for Summer (June to September), Tet Holiday (December to February), and Other Big Holiday:
Charged 50% if Cancellation or Amendment 7 days before departure
Charged 100% if Cancellation or Amendment from 6 – 1 days before departure
Note: These policies are applied for all kind of booking made by phone, email, online…
In the event of any cause beyond reasonable control including but not limited to: Acts of God, nature disasters, Acts of war or terrorism, strike, orders or regulations of the Government etc., we will bear no responsibility or cost for providing service as agreed. However, we will in an case undertake to do all within its power to assist client in such instance.
8. How to book a train ticket with Galatourist?
Booking a train ticket with Galatourist is very simple. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Choose the route on the home page that you wish to purchase and click “Book” and then select the date of the travel.
Step 2: The cart shows all train tickets you are about to purchase, once you are done with the selection process, click proceed to check out.
Step 3: Pay online secure / or Pay later for your train ticket.
Step 4: Be contacted by our ticket agents with regard to the ticket delivery points and any other special requests you may have.
9. Can I get the train to Hoi An?
There is no train to Hoi An. You should get over night train from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City to Danang and then take a bus or taxi from Danang to Hoi An (about 30 minutes)
10. Is it possible to purchase a ticket that allows for multiple stops?
The train does not allow a ticket for multiple stops. You should make plan for your trips and by separately ticket for each route.
For example: For a journey from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi, passing by Nha Trang, Da Nang and Hue, Client should by 4 tickets:
– The first ticket: Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang
– The second ticket: Nha Trang to Danang
– The third ticket: Danang to Hue
– And the last ticket: Hue to Hanoi
11. How do I provide my address?
If you are living in Vietnam, Please provide us your full name, detail address of your residence (number, land, road, district, province name) and your cell phone/phone number
If you have a booking hotel in Vietnam: Please provide us your check in name, arrival date, Booking ID in Hotel, hotel name, address, phone number and website.
If you don’t have any hotel in Vietnam, you can pick up the train ticket directly at the train station on your departure date.
Please show up at the train station 1 hour before your departure, actively contact us via our hotline to confirm your place, or send us your cell phone number in advance, we will contact you (please make sure your cell phone could be connected in Vietnam or in an urgent case, please firstly call us)
12. In case we forget or lost our luggage on train, can we take them again? how?
In case you forget your luggage, we cannot confirm that you can take them back. Because train staffs change shifts according 1 hours/time while people get on and off train are too much, also we are not responsibility for your luggage on train. Please highly take care by your own.
13. Can we take our motorbikes when travelling on train? how much does it cost ?
Of course you can take your motorbike on train. There will be a surcharge for that and price is not fixed, you will contact and pay directly at the train station for that.
14. Can I take our pets on train?
We are really sorry that you cannot take your pets on train to keep atmosphere clean and not affect other passengers.
15. How can I get tickets if I buy tickets of tourist train?
If you book for tickets of tourist train, we will send your voucher of booking through e-mail before your departure date 15 days, you can print and reconfirm at train station before your departure time 1 hour. then the train staff ( that kind of tourist train )will guide you to get on train. that’s policy of all tourist train company. After printing voucher, if you lose it to other people, then you can’t get on train, and we can’t do anything for you.
Note : the address to reconfirm your voucher will show in sending voucher.
16. If I lose my tickets of reunification train, How can I get on train ?
For reunification train, the ticket is original ticket, paper ticket which is printed once time, and deliver to you. If you lose tickets, you have to buy new tickets for your trip. No refund for this situation.
17. For VIP cabin of tourist train, If i myself travel alone, Can I book for it ?
Yes it is possible and you will need to pay for a whole cabin
18. If I haven’t received my tickets yet, How should I do?
Please call to us immediately via phone: +84 973 003 668 or +84 912 264 631.